Coloring Colors Everything
We all do it. Color, doodle, scribble and jot on whatever is around. Meeting agendas, back of envelopes, junk mail. It’s natural. Do you know why we do it? It feels good. And according to the The website Colorit, it’s good for you too!
- Your brain experiences relief by entering a meditative state
- Stress and anxiety levels have the potential to be lowered
- Negative thoughts are expelled as you take in positivity
- Focusing on the present helps you achieve mindfulness
- Unplugging from technology promotes creation over consumption
- Coloring can be done by anyone, not just artists or creative types
- It’s a hobby that can be taken with you wherever you go
Read the whole article by clicking here for the benefits of coloring for adults.
So why is it important for leaders, managers and well, anyone in the workforce to spend time coloring?
According to Gresham Harkless Jr., Media Consultant and founder of CB Nation:
Studies have shown that adult coloring can reduce stress, increase motor skills, improve sleep, improve focus and help with relaxation. With the disruption and change happening in our world, I hope this is something that helps.
Gresh’s Special Brand of Advice Includes:
- Keep your Cup Full
- Be the Change You Wish to See in the World
- Everyone Wants to be a Beast Until it’s Time to Do What Beasts Do
- The Name of the Game is Being Found
- The Darkest Nights Produce the Brightest Stars
Listen to my podcast with Gresh on Humor in the Workplace by clicking this link.
You can find Gresham at:
Grab a pen and some paper and purposefully doodle. See where it takes you. It will change the way you look at what’s in front of you.
Thank you Ilene,
I know you are making a difference. This is a CHEERFUL opportunity to make the day run smoothly!
Keep the posts coming!